It’s been an amazing year with our Loyalty members, and we couldn’t be more thankful. To say thanks – we’re giving away some great prizes in our first-ever: Loyalty Appreciation Giveaway. Winners* will be announced on December 1st, 2014 – just in time for the holiday season.
- Grand Prize: Weber® GenesisTM E310 Grill + Grill Cover of your choice
- 2nd Place: $250 store credit to ClassicAccessories.com
- 3rd Place: Grill cover of your choice
Are you a Loyalty member?
Sign Up for your chance to win!
Loyalty membership is free and comes with several perks:
- 15% off all orders from the Classic Accessories Store (24/7/365)
- Enter to win a $100 American Express gift card given away monthly
- Receive monthly special offers on seasonal items
- Monthly product giveaways
- Be the first to try out and give feedback on new products
- Entry into the 2014 Loyalty Appreciation Giveaway
*For official contest rules please visit: http://classicaccessories.com/loyalty
We’re officially in patio season, why not mix it up this year? Below are some fresh ideas from some of our favorite bloggers.
1. Sarah Le from I am Food Blog has a delightful take on a summer picnic salad. This Vietnamese and foodie inspired the salad uses fresh ingredients like: mint, cilantro and lime, and features quinoa, veggies and a little sriracha for spice. Check it out!
2. Kristin Jackson of the Hunted Interior, created a beautiful backyard oasis as part of a HomeDepot.com style challenge. We noticed her work last year when she stenciled her stained deck with a large graphic pattern making it a unique and bold space: here. Take some inspiration from her latest outdoor creation with a simple palette that pops, a creative wall of plates, and a fun bocce court.
3. Apartment Therapy has a great post to help you get started creating your outdoor dream space. Sounds pretty practical and fun! Once you go through the steps, you’ll have a clearer idea of what needs fixing, what you would like to incorporate, what supplies you have on hand, and what supplies you might need. Browse Apartment Therapy’s site if you’re looking for DIY inspiration, they have a ton of great ideas.
Have a great weekend!
Martha has some great tips on creating outdoor spaces for entertaining. Whether it’s a full on BBQ or morning coffee outside with a good book, creating spaces with thoughtful purposes is the secret to having a nice flow to your outdoor space. Check out her quick tips on making it work for you and your next gathering:
Having a smaller outdoor space sometimes means you can’t fit everything in you’d like. You have to be a little creative and think outside the box (or balcony). Here are some creative ways to DIY your patio in style.
1. Vertical Garden
Ash of Sugar and Cloth, DIYs the heck out of a hand rail – transforming it into a beautiful vertical garden. Genius, pretty and space-saving. She also has a tutorial for some cute stepping stones here.
2. Outdoor Bench
This can be completed in under an hour, I don’t know about you – but time and space are two things I’m short on. This bench is made out of 12 cinder blocks and 4, 4x4x10 pieces of lumber that fit into the cinder block spaces. These materials cost under $40. You can celebrate your own style by painting the cinder blocks and finding or creating cushions you love.
3. Hanging Pillows
Make your storage chest into a comfy bench for your outdoor space. This DIY uses a suspension/curtain rod, pillows and some fabric to transform an ottoman or trunk into a cozy, modern seat.
Photo Credit: “Vertical gardening” by Ruth Hartnup, used under CC BY / Overlayed text
1. Make it fun/Break it up!
Make your resolutions fun by choosing some things you love to do and spending more time doing those. Resolutions don’t need to be dreadful! For the less fun tasks, like organizing your garage, or creating lifestyle changes – make it easier on yourself by breaking it into steps, baby steps. You have a year, right? This helps you visualize and mentally prepare to meet your goal without getting burned out. Think gradual. Read the full article here at Houzz: http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/6152616/list/11-Easy-Ways-to-Keep-Your-New-Year-s-Resolutions
2. Declutter/Weekly Maintenance
Declutter your home this year – purge some things you don’t use and don’t need anymore for an instant makeover. Stash items like DVDS, remotes and shoes in baskets for neat storage. Keep the mess at bay by doing all dishes daily, no ifs ands or buts! Weekly, clean your entire home; if you have the manpower, divide the chores into 3 parties. Try rearranging living space furniture so that pieces interact with each other (not just the tv) to help engage conversations with guests and family. Want more sound advice? Head over to HGTV to read the play by play: http://www.hgtv.com/organizing/5-new-years-resolutions-for-your-home/index.html
3. Slow Down.
“Slow Down, Calm Down, Don’t Worry, Don’t Hurry, Trust the Process.” – Alexandra Stoddard
This message goes against modern culture – lots of us are hurrying through our lives and to-do lists. Alexandra, from the Inspired Room, recommends slowing down, and “finding peace in the process,” and using these eleven words to guide you this year. We agree – check out her article and poke around for 2014 project inspiration: http://theinspiredroom.net/2014/01/04/11-words-new-years-resolutions-for-your-life-home/
All photos appear as found, and have been unchanged. The Creative Commons License applies. Listed in order of appearance.
From the talented:
- Tambako the Jaguar http://www.flickr.com/photos/tambako/4026934515 – http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/
- mcarruth http://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelcarruth/211542955 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/ – http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/
- ncracker (Boyan Syarov) http://www.flickr.com/photos/syarov/8279366661 – http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/